SPICY RICE NOODLES (drunken noodles)
– Vegetable oil 1 oz
– Minced garlic ½ tbsp
– Choice of meat/seafood/poultry 4-6 oz
– Crushed red pepper 1 tbsp
– Broccoli florets 1 cup
– White cabbage 1 cup
– Carrots ½ cup
– Wide Rice Noodles 8 oz
– Thai Place Stir Fry Cooking Sauce 3 ½ tbsp
– Sugar 1 tsp
– Fresh basil leaves 1 oz
– Bean sprouts 3 oz
*Pre-soak the wide rice noodles in cold water for 6-8 hours then drain (can be kept in the refrigerator until use). Cook in boiling water until soft. Set aside for Step 2. (Skip this step if using fresh noodles)
1. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the oil. Stir fry the minced garlic and crushed red pepper together until aromatic but not burnt. Add the meat and vegetables and cook until hot.
2. Add the noodles and all remaining ingredients. Continue to cook until the liquid is reduced and all ingredients are hot.
3. Add the bean sprouts and fresh basil leaves. Toss together and serve.